Datil, New Mexico — Green Home For Sale
Unique two story house, original design, 80 acres of land, quiet area, complete solar-electricity system, reservoir and well, guest cabin and greenhouse in a hilly-mountainous region in central-west New Mexico.
Listing ID: 19334
- Accessible Home
- Green Home
- Healthy Home
- Off the Grid
- Solar - Photovoltaic
|Asking Price (USD)||$319,000|
|Annual Property Tax||$750|
|Annual Utility Cost||$1|
|Home Area||2,250 sq ft|
|Total Property Area||80 acres|
This house is originally designed and self-sufficient.
a full 14-panel solar tracking system for electricity,
passive solar heating and hot water,
an underground reservoir and well for pure and unlimited drinking water,
a climate-controlled structural design which ensures that house will remain warm inside during the winter and cool during the summer,
an underground walk-in cool pantry/food storage attached to the kitchen,
an indoor open solarium,
spacious living room with 18-foot ceilings and spacious open library/reading room upstairs,
4 bedrooms, spacious kitchen and many large windows,
great views of mountains and wildlife without any signs of civilization in sight.
Besides the house, the 80 acres also has:
a 384 square foot guest cabin located 200 yards from the house,
a greenhouse built into the ground and attached fenced-in garden,
numerous fruit trees,
complete septic system,
leech field supplying nutrients and water to the garden,
rock terraced garden surrounding house,
gate and gravel drive-way.
The land is entirely forested, including:
ponderosa pine, pinion pine, juniper and more,
wildlife including elk, deer, foxes, bobcats and coyotes in abundance,
hills and beautiful lookout points,
great hiking on land and in surrounding area (public wilderness area),
the land is at the end of the road so that it is very quiet and nobody will pass by.
local community and community meeting building located close by,
fire station, helipad, trading post and mailboxes nearby,
30-minute drive to local towns for shopping and services,
cell-phone and landline/internet connection.
What makes your home a Green or Healthy Home?
1. The house is equipped with an 14-panel solar-electricity tracking system which provides all electricity needed. This means you will never have to pay for electricity. The system operates like normal electricity; outlets are typical and all appliances can be used. The system features a 110-volt inverter. Heating and hot water is provided by passive solar and is backed up by a wood stove and propane.
2. A deep underground reservoir contains an unlimited amount of fresh, pure drinking water. A pump and storage tank allows for access to drinking water from the tap like any other house. This means you will never have to pay for water.
3. A solarium is located inside the house and a greenhouse is built into the ground and attached to a fenced-in garden approximately 200 yards from the house. These allow for growing vegetables year-round. A leech system filtrates waste to provide nutrients and water for the garden. There is also a rock terraced garden surrounding house with numerous fruit trees.
4. The house features a climate-controlled structural design which ensures that house will remain warm inside during the winter and cool during the summer. There is also an underground walk-in cool pantry/food storage attached to the kitchen.
5. A 384 square foot cabin located 200 yards from the house could be used for guests or for storage. It has a wood stove that can be used during the winter.
This land is located in the Tee-Pee ranch area of the horse mountains in Catron County, central-west New Mexico. It is approximately a three hour drive southwest of Albuquerque, 1-hour drive west from Magdalena or a 30-minute drive from the nearest towns, Datil and Pie Town.
Grocery stores, restaurants, a post office and gas stations are located in the nearby towns of Datil and Pie Town. Mechanics and locally-grown foods are available for sale in the local communities as well as in the nearby towns.
Home Type or Land
Single Family - Two Story
Location of Home or Land
Elevation of Home
|Agriculture in Area||No|
|Industry in Area||No|
|Air Pollution in Area||No|
|Cleaned with Green Products||Yes|
Solar - Passive
Whole House Fan
|Whole House Filtration||
|Whole House Vacuum||No|
Energy & Water
Off the Grid
Solar - Photovoltaic
Wood Framing: 2x4, 2x6, etc.
Plaster - Other
Garage / Car Port
|Garage / Carport||No|