Jemez Springs Area, New Mexico — Green Home For Sale
LAST CHANCE! - Going off the market, Fall 2017 Riverfront mountain property with Passive Solar Earthship, attached to large Greenhouse/Atrium Dome. Needs finishing. Year round stream. Borders National Forest on two sides. One hour from Santa Fe/ABQ.
Listing ID: 19058
- Earthship Homes
- Energy Efficient Home
- Green Home
- GreenBuilt Home
- Healthy Home
- Natural Home
- Sustainable Home
- Rammed Earth
- Off the Grid
- Photovoltaic (PV)
- Solar - Photovoltaic
|Asking Price (USD)||$249,000|
|Annual Property Tax||$247|
|Annual Utility Cost||$1|
|Home Area||1,200 sq ft|
|Total Property Area||1.5 acres|
LAST CHANCE to get this place at this low price - GOING OFF THE MARKET SOON, Fall 2017 - if you are a cash buyer and interested in this property please contact me ASAP.
Rare waterfront mountain property with a year round creek!
Due to the high volume of inquires, this is an extremely detailed description. Please read through carefully before contacting me. Happy to answer any questions.
This is a rare opportunity to own a lush green, riverfront, forested property, near Santa Fe, New Mexico, where a rushing, gurgling, year-round mountain stream flows just outside your front door. Price has been drastically reduced, by $130,000 - to a firm $249,000.
• The main rare and valuable feature of this very private, quiet, and peaceful property is the mountain creek (full of trout!) that through the middle of the land. The soothing sound of gurgling water embraces the entire property. There is no housing, mining, or development of any type anywhere along the stream, to the natural springs where it starts, 4 miles upstream through the wilderness. Walk straight off this property, along the stream into the Santa Fe National Forest, through pristine forest.
•The Passive Solar Home on the land is new construction, unfinished,1250 built square feet, (900 sf interior) Rammed Earth, (3' thick walls) Earthship style - the ultimate sustainable, green, passive solar home design. The Solar home is attached to a large Atrium/Greenhouse Dome, (900 square feet, 33 foot diameter,16 foot high ceiling) designed for growing veggies, fruits, flowers and herbs year-round, and used as extra living space. Year-round access off of a paved road.
• Property borders National Forest on two sides, includes the south side - meaning your views and privacy out your front windows of the home are forever protected - you will be looking straight into pristine forest forever! Property is 1.54 acres - very private - has a look, feel and usability of a MUCH larger riverfront tract - the type that costs millions of dollars!
• No mosquitos, biting gnats, or poisonous snakes. Located in a protected forested area, with 100' tall spruce, pine, aspen and fir trees. Never any high winds, or dust to deal with.
• Hike or drive to several different natural (free) Hot-springs, and soak in these healing waters.
• This rare Riverfront land alone is appraised at $150,000, the Dome cost 30K to build. Add in another 10K worth of improvements ( Solar Panels, Fruit Trees, Firewood, Flagstone) you are left paying $59,000 for the Earthship! Want some instant cash? Sell the 3/4 acre of riverfront property across the stream, with it's own private entrance road, for $100,000 - or do a spec home/Bed & Breakfast, etc, there!
• Sorry, no owner financing - we need a cash buyer, as this being unfinished construction, a normal bank mortgage isn't possible. Due to getting several hundred recent inquires, with dozens of requests to see the place, we are now only showing the place to folks that have provided a proof of funding letter. We have just had too many showings that ended up with "we love the place, if we ever have the money we will buy it".
• The most specialized, time consuming, labor intensive, and expensive aspects of building a custom passive solar Earthship home are done, including-
• 3' thick Rammed earth walls
• Super insulated R-80 roof
• 12' high ceiling, 10' wide front solar area, for a more spacious atrium feeling
• Water catchment system with 5000 gallons of storage, fully functioning, plumbed into home.
• Flagstone floors (3/4 complete)
• Breaker box & all electrical wiring with outlets
• Hand troweled natural clay wall plasters
• 2 wood stoves, 2 skylights, 4 interior Pella casement windows
• Pine Vigas (roof beams) Hand carved.
• Room for expansion on either side of the home.
• Designed for either grey water system, and dry toilet or conventional septic
Home is now ready for your custom tailored kitchen, bathroom and power system install. If you go small, sustainable, and simple as we had planned, (see picture of layout) you could finish the home for under $5000. Plan on spending around $20,000 to hire out all work, & finish out to a modest level. Remember - you can always expand, and improve upon any home you purchase - but you can never duplicate a lush green piece of mountain riverfront property like this!
• This waterfront mountain property has many possibilities, as a year-round home or retreat. Many different income and business possibilities, including nightly/weekly vacation rentals, Bed & Breakfast, fruit/vegetable production, Yoga studio, Healing center - the possibilities of a property like this with live running water, and year-round access off of a paved road are endless, and extremely difficult to find in this price range. (High speed Internet is available using a satellite system, such as Hughesnet, property receives a cell phone signal)
• Bottom line on the value of this magical property - At this new low price of $249,000 - a $130,000 price reduction - one could go with high end expensive finishes, hire all the work out - and still come in well below the value of the property!
• Make sure and watch the video tour of the interior and exterior of the property!
(go to youtube.com, search for "riverfront earthship")
• Paved, year-round access. Many properties that have this "look & feel" are miles and miles down bad roads, and have no winter access. This property is located off of a low traffic, state maintained paved road, from which the driveway is a 1/10 of a mile steep mountain dirt road. It needs a little grader work for low clearance cars - or simply park at the entrance into the property, and enjoy the short path to the home!
• Solar home is designed to produce electricity from the sun, collect water from the roof, to be heated and cooled from the sun and the earth, to grow and produce it's own food. Built from natural materials - no chemical stains, paints, or varnishes.
• Building sites on both sides of stream for future expansion. This type of riverfront property in the Southern Rocky Mountains of the Southwestern USA is a rare find - owning both sides of a year-round stream, with multiple riverfront building sites for future expansion, for your own private mountain creek-side retreat - surrounded by the National Forest, and close to Santa Fe, Taos, and Albuquerque.
• Sits at an elevation of 7750, at the southern end of the Rocky Mountains. Has the look and feel of a Colorado alpine esort area, but further south, meaning much warmer, shorter, milder winters, and earlier springs than typical riverfront forested properties of this type in the Rocky Mountains.
• Located in a highly desired area of Northern New Mexico, in the Jemez Mountains, an hour from Santa Fe, or Albuquerque, 30 minutes from Los Alamos, 10 minutes from the artsy, healing, laid back village of Jemez Springs. Live a lifestyle of being deep in the wilderness while being a few minutes from the conveniences of town!
• NO COVENANTS, NO HOA! No subdivision rules, regulations, or restrictions. This land and property will be YOURS to do what you want with it!
• The huge Dome has a 5 layer poly-carbonate glazing. Much more strong & efficient than typical single or double wall greenhouses or glass. Provides a soft, diffused light great for plants, and people, no glare! North wall reflective insulation, Insulated perimeter, Insulated foundation wall. Solar powered cooling vents/fans, Solar powered roof vents. Solar powered water fountain, Solar powered undersoil heating/cooling system, 2000 gallon water tank for thermal mass. (full of aquatic plants and goldfish!)
• Property is fenced to keep large dogs in, including across the stream so dogs are free to drink, frolic, and play in the water all they want without worry of them wandering off into the forest.
• Fresh clean pure water is plentiful in this lush streamside paradise! The rainwater catchment system, (that the entire roof of the home was designed for) took in 40,000 gallons last year of clean, soft, pure and FREE water!
Want more water? Want a well? (not needed!) Several areas of the land have clean water just a few feet down, including a seasonal spring on the southern border!
• 15 fruit trees. Property is covered with wild strawberries, gooseberries, medicinal herbs and wildflowers, alongside the towering mature Spruce, Fir, Pine and Aspen forest. The soil is rich, dark, fertile, perfect for organic gardening. We have seen trees grow over 6 feet in one year here!
2017 CURRENT VALUE OF PROPERTY
Earthship - $225,000
Dome – $30,000
Land - $150,000, and irreplaceable in this price range in this area, with National forest border, and live running water. One comparable riverfront parcel in same area recently sold for $250,000, and this land is far superior in many ways with better solar exposure, more privacy, and bordering National Forest on the south side - meaning your views from the home are forever protected.
Improvements, including Solar Panels, Fruit Trees, several tons of Firewood, several tons of Flagstone to complete all floors, and 6' high wire dog fencing of the property - $10,000
Total current value of property - $415,000, after nearly selling recently for $379,000, the price of the property has now been reduced by $130,000 to $249,000!
What makes your home a Green or Healthy Home?
It's an Earthship, the greenest of green homes! Read the full description for details!
Rural, off the grid mountain area, with year-round access off of a paved road, a few minutes up the road from a café & small store, in the village of La Cueva, 10 minutes from the town of Jemez Springs, 30 minutes to Los Alamos, an hour to Albuquerque, or Santa Fe, 2 hours from Taos.
Jemez Springs/Los Alamos/Santa Fe/Albuquerque/Taos
Jemez Springs/Los Alamos
Home Type or Land
Single Family - Single Level
Location of Home or Land
Elevation of Home
|Agriculture in Area||No|
|Industry in Area||No|
|Air Pollution in Area||No|
|Cleaned with Green Products||Yes|
Solar - Passive
|Whole House Filtration||
|Whole House Vacuum||No|
Energy & Water
Off the Grid
Solar - Photovoltaic
Rain Water Collection
Plaster - Earth
Wood - Solid
Garage / Car Port
|Garage / Carport||No|