Mount Vernon, Oregon — Green Home For Sale
Eastern Oregon off-grid home on 80 secluded acres. 3,000 sq ft custom home with shop, guest house and outbuildings.
- Green Home
- Off the Grid
- Photovoltaic (PV)
- Solar - Photovoltaic
|Annual Property Tax||$3,650.00|
|Annual Utility Cost||$0.00|
|Home Area||3000 sqft|
|Total Lot Size||22.96 acres|
Off-grid with all the amenities.
Have you always wanted to live off-grid in a beautiful, secluded setting?
This property has it all and now it can be yours!
• Eighty fenced acres.
• 3,000 sq. ft. custom-built, southern exposure home with all the amenities.
• A 180-degree mountain view.
• Granite counters with under-mount sinks throughout.
• Tile and wood floors upstairs and stained concrete downstairs.
• Main floor has laundry room, office, bathroom, great room, kitchen, dining room and walk-in pantry.
• The extra-large gourmet kitchen has all stainless steel Jenn-Air appliances which include:
o double refrigerators
o 6-burner gas stove with over-sized oven
o microwave oven
• Great room has 18 ft. ceilings and a full wall of windows for passive solar.
o 4 motorized skylights
o 2 ceiling fans
• Radiant heat through-out and a highly efficient wood fireplace that will heat the whole upper floor (There is a
lifetime supply of firewood on property).
• Need food storage? How about 2 large walk-in pantries (136 sq. ft. total).
• Downstairs has 2 large bedrooms, bathroom, cold storage pantry and master suite
• Master suite is 580 sq. ft. with walk-in shower, double sinks and 150 sq. ft. of closet space.
• This 3 bedroom, 3 bath home even has an attached 24’ x 25’ garage with radiant floor heat and an 8’ x 16’
• There are 4 thermal panels on the garage roof.
This property also features:
• a 48’ x 36’ shop with concrete floor and 3 – 10’ x 12’ motorized garage doors.
• The 4th bay of the shop is a 2-story guest house (1,008 sq. ft.)
o with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom upstairs
o a full apartment downstairs.
• Apartment includes:
o 1 bedroom
o 1 bathroom
o full kitchen with black full-sized Maytag appliances (refrigerator, 4-burner gas stove, dishwasher and microwave oven)
o living area
o laundry (full-sized Maytag Neptune stack washer and gas dryer).
o walk-in pantry.
o All heated with radiant heat and Granite counters and under-mount sinks through-out.
• The shop also features a 12 ’x 48’ enclosed lean-to on one side for additional storage.
Have you always wanted to have your own Fire Lookout? Yeah, me too, so I built one. It sits over top of the 5,000 gallon water storage tank and powerhouse.
• The powerhouse contains a state-of-the-art 48-volt OutBack solar system with 12 - Rolls 4-volt 1,380 amp hour batteries and 12kW Cummins diesel fully automatic back-up generator (with its own 600-gallon fuel tank).
• All this attached to 20 - 170 watt BP solar panel array. That’s 3.4kW of solar power!!
• Oh yeah, the fire lookout has a spectacular 360-degree view, wrap-around deck, complete pine interior (floors, ceiling and walls) and propane lights for ambience (It is sitting on top of all the power you would ever need). It is plumbed for sink, propane heat, hot water heater and outdoor shower. This portion has not yet been completed.
The water is from a 500‘ deep well that artesianed to within 20 feet of the top. It is rated at 17 gallons per minute. The stand-alone solar pump (with its own panels) will pump 12 gallons per minute to the storage tank which then gravity feeds to the house and guest house with about 52psi.
The other out-building is a 20’ x 20’ wood storage shed (built in 2009) with a full metal roof and Hardie Plank siding to match the house.
• The property also includes 2,000 gallons of above-ground fuel storage.
• A 1,000-gallon propane tank (rented) for the main house and a 500-gallon tank (owned) for the guest house.
All buildings were built between 2005 and 2008. I am a general contractor and these were built to the highest of standards. We planned on living here for the rest of our lives. There are many more things I would like to say but I will finish by saying that we have had a garden for the last 2 years (we are at 4,500 ft. elevation) and the wildlife is spectacular. Wild turkeys, deer and elk, to name a few, right in our back yard and within 20 feet of the house. We are vegetarian and I think the animals know it! Our nearest neighbor is about 1 mile away. If you are looking for remote, this is it. We are 6 miles from the county road. The beautiful night sky has a million stars and no light pollution!
$100,000 below appraised value at $795,000!
Shown by appointment only. Come and stay the night!
What makes your home a Green or Healthy Home?
Completely off-grid. The solar power system is a 3.4Kw BP solar array. Four roof-mounted thermal panels to heat water, radiant heat for both residences, R-38 wall insulation and R-50 ceiling insulation. A 5,000 gallon water storage tank with gravity feed to the homes at 50 psi. Reclaimed hardwood floors.
Mountain views and nature are out your front or back door. The nearest neighbor is a mile away. Zoning is 160 acre minimum. Wildlife is in abundance.
The small community of Mount Vernon (pop. 1200) is 9 miles away and has a middle school, fire department, post office and a number of other small businesses. The next largest town is John Day (pop. 2700) which is 17 miles from the house. It has a hospital, grocery store, banks, restaurants, airport, hardware stores and a variety of other businesses.
Home Type or Land
Single Family - Two Story
Location of Home or Land
Elevation of Home
|Agriculture in Area||Yes|
|Industry in Area||Yes|
|Air Pollution in Area||No|
|Cleaned with Green Products||Yes|
Hydronic Floor Heat (radiant)
Solar - Passive
|Whole House Filtration||
|Whole House Vacuum||No|
Home Energy Ratings
|Home Energy Rating System (HERS)||-|
|Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER)||
Energy & Water
Off the Grid
Solar - Photovoltaic
Wood Framing: 2x4, 2x6, etc.
Gypsum Board - Sheet Rock
Wood - Solid
Vinyl or Vinyl Clad
Garage / Car Port
|Garage / Carport||Yes|
|Number of Cars||2|
|Garage Area||600 sqft|