Gorgeous, special custom built home at end of Priv. cul-de-sac. Environmentally friendly home.
No yard care herbicides or pesticides for the whole property.
List of Custom Remodeling/Improvements completed by current owners
DESCRIPTION OF HOME:
Custom built and master crafted by Rondano (Sr.) Builders in 1995. Located at the end of private drive cul-da-sac off Rock Rimmon Road with southern exposure rear yard with sweeping lawn, bordered by stone walls and a view of woods beyond. Spacious living space across 3 floors including 2nd floor bonus room with fireplace and 900 sq. foot beautifully finished walk-out basement with au pair/guest quarters.
Steel I-Beam original construction with extensive custom improvements added by current owners during 2005-2009 as follows:
1. Entirely new HVAC system, including new high-end aluminum casing ductwork, returns and grills – custom designed and installed by Encon to maximize air circulation efficiency and minimize indoor air allergens. Highlights of the state of the art HVAC system include:
• Weil-McLain Furnace with 6 zones including accommodation for radiant heat flooring
• 3 Trane air handlers – one for each floor of home, including walk-out basement level which has its own dedicated HVAC system and climate control de-humidifier system for optimal energy efficiency.
• Highest grade electronic air filters installed as part of each of 3 new air handler units
• Added air circulation returns in each room of the house including each upstairs bedroom for maximum air circulation quality and efficiency
• 3 large scale energy efficient Trane A/C compressors, installed on east side of home with special engineered drainage tiers inside custom built fenced enclosure.
• Phase III 120 Gal. water heater
• Radiant heat under custom ceramic flooring in Mudroom on north end/garage entry of home adjacent to back stairway to children’s rooms
• Heated Garage with independent electronic thermostat
• 2 X 275 gallon standing oil tanks in basement utility space
2. Custom designed water filtration system - installed by Alliance Water Systems 2005. Specialized components include the following:
• Well-Troll large pump/holding tank that draws water from 550+ ft well
• Electronically monitored stainless steel filtration system, water softener and ph balance
• Reverse Osmosis purification system in kitchen
3. Outdoor Sprinkler System: American Irrigation updated sprinkler lines in 2006 and maintains semi-annually
4. New Security System throughout house fire/burgler alarms, new smoke and CO2 sensor/alarms added in 2009
5. Fully integrated, hard wired sound system with built-in speakers in throughout home with additional independent wiring in 2nd Floor Bonus Room to accommodate surround-sound entertainment system
6. Every room of home painted with environmentally favorable (low/no-VOC) latex paint
7. Helios brand, New Zealand wool carpeting/runners on all stairways as well as upstairs hallways
8. New Baldwin Venetian Bronze door hardware installed throughout home
9. Custom Hunter Douglous Cordless “black out” window shades in bedrooms
10. New Outdoor lighting fixtures from Klaff’s above garage, back deck and patio
11. Updated Invisible Fencing pet perimeter outlining property
The following rooms of the home had extensive renovations completed 2007-2009:
• Refinished maple cabinetry and new Baldwin cabinet hardware throughout kitchen and butler’s pantry
• Rohlm antique brass kitchen faucets, soap dispenser, sprayer
• “Smart-tap” advanced reverse osmosis water treatment system under sink
• Hand-painted ceramic backsplash tile from England
• Center island hanging light fixures made of hand-blown glass
• New Appliances added 2007-2009 include following:
- Bosch dishwasher with matching cabinetry panel front
- Bosch cooktop with bridge burners
- Broan high efficiency down draft
- Jenn-Air Pro Stainless finish double convection ovens
Custom designed and hand crafted carpentry panels and chair rail
Custom designed baseboard molding and trim to blend with newly installed solid oak flooring with inlaid dark walnut border
All new fixtures including Kohler faucets, sink, toilet and wood cabinetry plus ceramic flooring and sconce lighting as well.
Walk-in closet floor to ceiling maple cabinetry, custom designed and installed by Hallmark Woodworking in Greenwich with added circular window on south wall
Master Bathroom: New Rohlm antique brass twin faucets and Kohler toilet fixture. Renovated glass and marble shower in 2009 with addition of river rock flooring and new faucet fixtures
CHILDREN’s UPSTAIRS BATHROOMS:
Newly installed American Standard porcelain faucet and bath fixtures, new toilets with self-closing seat covers and new lighting fixtures from Klaff’s
BONUS ROOM (2nd floor over garage):
Built in new ductwork, changing HVAC vents from floor to ceiling to allow for better air flow/circulation and making this room is its own independent heating/A-C Zone. This room is also wired for “surround sound” with 4 built-in speakers, has window/light exposure on 3 sides and contains a wood burning fireplace.
Completely renovated space with added ceramic radiant floor heating, perfect when children arrive home on a winter day.
• KitchenAid top of the line, largest capacity front-loading washer/dryer
• Kohler deep design laundry sink with brushed nickel spray faucet
• Soft-honed Durango marble countertops
• Custom designed maple cabinetry, including built in laundry bins and shelves
• Wide beadboard floor-ceiling “cubby” cabinetry and shelves
Heated space; newly painted walls and flooring with newly installed wooden electric garage doors in 2009.
Completely renovated walk-out basement
• South and west exposure Anderson windows and sliding door to backyard
• Alcove for guests/home office, and a full guest bathroom with shower.
• Floors are Mannington pre-finished Hickory wood (not composite), designed for below-grade basement space and installed on a floating moisture barrier
• Built-in chalkboard and/or art display wall, with inlaid speakers
• Beadboard lined stairway with Helios brand New Zealand wool carpeting
• 2 large additional unfinished storage areas through doors off finished space
• Additional air handler and integrated electronic dehumidifier system for independent heating and A/C climate control zone – which achieves year round comfort in this large, bright multi-purpose space
At the end of a private cul-de-sac on a street with other high end homes. North Stamford is a highly sought after and desirable area of Stamford
Stamford is a bustling city, just 45 minutes north of NYC. It is a major commuter hub for the city. Major corporations like UBS, RBS are located in Stamford and NBC sports is moving their operations here in 2013. Stamford has beautiful beaches, parks, golf courses, entertainment.
|Agriculture in Area
|Industry in Area
|Air Pollution in Area
|Cleaned with Green Products
Hydronic Floor Heat (radiant)
Conventional Forced Air - A/C
Part of Cooling System
Part of Heating System
|Whole House Filtration
|Whole House Vacuum
Wood Framing: 2x4, 2x6, etc.
Gypsum Board - Sheet Rock
Wood - Solid
Asphalt Composition Shingle
Wood Dual Glazed
|Garage / Carport
|Number of Cars
Listing ID: 19346