"It's more than an Artist's retreat, it is a piece of art itself." This idyllic country property is located on 2 acres only 10 miles outside of San Miguel de Allende & offers the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of today's urban lifestyle.
Listing ID: 19604
|Annual Property Tax||$84|
|Annual Utility Cost||$2,400|
|Home Area||2,216 sq ft|
|Total Property Area||2 acres|
Known as "Casa los Carrizos" this is the perfect country property. Close to town yet in an idyllic location. Full of natural light, this single level home features two bedrooms and one bath in the main house along with an open living and dining space and kitchen. It also has an independent casita / studio with its own bathroom that is ideal for guests or as an income property. From the property one can enjoy panoramic views, amazing sunsets and most of all the privacy that only a country proper can offer. Moreover, this property is totally off the grid, utilizing both solar and propane.
- Solar power
- Rain water catchment and cistern
- 2 bedroom 1 bath main house plus Casita with one bedroom and one bath
- Main casa was designed and built in organic-Gaudi style by Flying Concrete in 2003
- High arched ceilings
- Beautiful space and light
- Established patio gardens
- On thermal plane near Taboada, Xoté and La Gruta Hot Springs
- Elevation 6000 feet with views of Picacho Mountains and valley
- Fully furnished rooms
Upgrades & Additions done by current owner since 2006
- Built Casita with kitchen, fireplace and bathroom
- Enclosed front patio
- Installed handcrafted wrought iron front gate
- Added spiral staircase to roof
- Put in new wood burning stove
- Added 2 new space heaters
- Doubled solar capacity for the property
- Planted 2 dozen trees
- Fenced back half of property
- Painted exterior of main house and Casita
- Built two-car carport
Casa los Carrizos is completely self sustaining. (See Property Description for details)
Neighborhood consists mainly of expats whose homes, like Casa los Carrizos, are self-sustaining. Permaculture neighborhood. Neighboring homes are all very well maintained. The area is expat friendly yet offers the privacy of the country.
Is an inviting Mexican country home just outside San Miguel de Allende, a UNESCO World Heritage site and favorite of locals and ex-pats.
There's an excellent Waldorf school within two miles of the property.
In San Miguel the Expat community is open and friendly though it does not dominate the local Mexican culture or community.
Single Family - Single Level
|Agriculture in Area||Yes|
|Industry in Area||No|
|Air Pollution in Area||No|
|Cleaned with Green Products||Yes|
|Whole House Filtration||
|Whole House Vacuum||No|
Solar - Photovoltaic
Rain Water Collection
Metal Single Glazed
|Garage / Carport||Yes|
|Garage Type||Carport Detached|
|Number of Cars||2|
|Garage Area||0 sqft|