EL CAJON, California — Green Home For Sale
Nearly 4 acres of Picturesque Property ready to Build. This Off Grid back to Nature Homestead includes a permitted Building pad, Septic System, Solar Powered 380 ft deep Water Well, a 5,000 Gallon Water Storage Tank, and an Eco Friendly TINY HOME
Listing ID: 20290
- Select Vacant Land
|Asking Price (USD)||$214,000|
|Annual Property Tax||$1,917|
|Total Property Area||4 acres|
The land has been cultivated into a Permaculture Dream Orchard of over 25 organic Fruit & Nut Trees. No detail had been missed. Water Harvesting structures included.Trees, shrubs, and cacti planted: Snail Haven has been a permaculture teaching and experimental site since 2004. A “permaculture” style “food forest” of trees, shrubs and cacti have been planted in a way that compliments and does not disturb the native habitat. Each tree has its own water catchment berm and basin which is mulched and a “guild” of complimentary plants has also been placed in the berms or near the trees. The placement of planted trees, shrubs, and cacti was decided by observing the patterns and micro-climates on-site, and these perennials were carefully placed in relation to each other so that they would compliment each other. The trees, shrubs and cacti planted include non-native edibles, native edibles, and nitrogen fixers. Many have multiple functions. Most have low to moderate water requirements.
What makes your home a Green or Healthy Home?
ECO-FRIENDLY PAPERCRETE & STEEL STRUCTURE
The property is nearly ready for home construction, off-grid. It already has features for a back-to-nature homestead:
1. Building pad-- 40 feet by 30 feet, approximately. Constructed 2008. Permitted by San Diego County. Soil engineer tested compaction and results were very good.
2. Septic system-- Permitted for 3 bedroom house. Constructed 2009. Leach field consrtucted of infiltration chambers, which are designed to recycle wastewater by subsoil irrigaton of orchard.
3. Water well-- 380 feet deep. Permitted and constructed 2004. Off-grid solar panel system energizes pump.
4. Water storage tank-- 5,000 gallon capacity. Sited uphill from building pad for gravity flow to home and orchard. Water pressure high enough to run a fire sprinkler system. Refills automatically from well.
5. Tiny house-- papercrete and steel, approximately 9 ft. X 11 ft. X 10 ft. Quonset hut shell by Steelmaster. Hand-made papercrete end wallswith recycled paper. Pressure-treated lumber legs protected with fire-proof paint. Loft. Doors orient toward prevailing cool breeze. Built 2015.
7. Permaculture style organic fruit and nut orchard-- Rare varieties. Water-harvesting berms. Listo f varieties available.
8. Water harvesting structures—Berms on the contour of the hill slow the downhill flow and allow water to percolate into ground. French drains. Water catchment pond (needs maintenance).
9. Driveway-- From Quail Haven Lane to building pad, with parking space. Also goes to well.
QUIET, SERENE, OFF THE BEATEN PATH BUT STILL CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE CITY TO ENJOY MODERN CONVENIENCES
Perfect climate, Beautiful views, Rolling hills
The Cajon Valley Advantage is a key component to making the community a great place to live, play, work, and raise a family. The Cajon Valley Union School District recognizes each student that enters their schools with his or her own unique strengths, interest, and values. Their schools offer students personalized programs and opportunities to further develop their strengths and interests into concrete, goals, ideas, and eventually careers that will impact the world.
Home Type or Land
Location of Home or Land
Elevation of Home
|Agriculture in Area||Yes|
|Industry in Area||No|
|Air Pollution in Area||No|
|Cleaned with Green Products|