Mountain Modern Designed Certified Colorado Built Green Luxury Home.
Listing ID: 18404
|Asking Price (USD)||$779,000|
|Annual Property Tax||$2,015|
|Annual Utility Cost||$2,800|
|Home Area||3,000 sq ft|
|Total Property Area||11761 sq ft|
A sleek mountain modern design balanced by the application of rigorous green built efficiency and high performance standards, make this home both smart and beautiful. This stunning hillside home offers panoramic views, elegant geometries, and finely crafted details. See the future of home building in the methods, materials, and design presented in this striking example of contemporary architecture. A Colorado certified Built-Green home, this property offers the sophisticated buyer a high performance and sustainable luxury experience for years to come. Bordered by neighborhood open space provides rare in town private living. The owners can also enjoy miles of river walk systems along the Uncompahgre River corridor where bald eagles migrate in the winter months. In addition to the 3 large bedrooms there is a large office off of the main entry, and a private and cozy room off of the master bedroom perfect for an artists studio or library.
Blower Door Testing Came Back a 5Star+ E-Star Rating with an annual estimated savings on utilities of $1500+.
In addition to the visible, high-end, contemporary finishes, this home features many of today’s building-science technologies and systems which you may not be able to see but which greatly enhance the performance of the home.
* Here is what’s behind the drywall *
ENERGY EFFICIENCY: Home is engineered to be up to 50% more energy efficient than the average home built to code.
• Insulation- Greatly upgraded insulation package includes sprayed polyurethane foam in ceilings, headers, and box sills. Also, blown in cellulose wall insulation.
• Thermal Envelope- Advanced sealing package includes seal at top and bottom exterior wall plates and corners, sealed mechanical attic and crawl space penetrations, seal around windows and doors.
• Insulated Concrete Forms- Basement foundation walls constructed of insulated concrete forms for added R value and noise insulation.
• Windows- Low-E, double-paned, U value .35 windows through-out home.
• Super Efficient In-Floor Heating System- Lochinvar 93% efficient Energy Star rated condensing boiler supplies floor heat throughout home. “Smart Control” maximizes boiler performance and economy.
• Super Efficient Tankless Water Heater- Rinnai continuum hot water system including a recirculation system delivers hot water on demand, eliminating the need and expense of continuously heating a tank of water. Saves energy costs and never run out of hot water!
• Whole House Fan- Insulated whole house fan placed in upstairs ceiling draws cooler air from lower floor windows, thereby pushing the hot air from the house and expelling through the attic vents.
Health and Safety / Durability:
• Indoor Air Quality- Heat Recovery Ventilator utilizes outgoing warm “stale” air to heat incoming fresh air. This system circulates fresh air throughout the home on a regular basis without adding to your heating bill.
Building scientists say “build it tight, and then vent it right.”
We have done both.
• Custom Metal Roof - Long life of maintenance free performance.
• Stucco and Stone Exterior- Very low maintenance exterior.
• Engineered Wood Decking - More low maintenance material eliminates the need for regular decking repair and replacement.
River Park Subdivision is located on the north edge of Ridgway proper. It is the first subdivision to offer paved streets and sidewalks. Most of the residents are local full time residents. It is adjacent to the new high school and the Uncompahgre River Trail system.
Ridgway is located at the intersection of Colorado State Highways' 550 & 62. It is in Ouray County with about 800 full time residents. It is the only location in the U.S. where two significant mountain ranges, the San Juans and the Cimarrons come together. We are 35miles east of world class Telluride, 10miles north of Ouray the "Switzerland of America", and 25 miles south of Montrose.
Town of Ridgway
Single Family - Single Level
|Agriculture in Area||Yes|
|Industry in Area||Yes|
|Air Pollution in Area||No|
|Cleaned with Green Products||Yes|
Hydronic Floor Heat (radiant)
Whole House Fan
|Whole House Filtration||
|Whole House Vacuum||No|
Gypsum Board - Sheet Rock
Wood - Solid
Metal Single Glazed
|Garage / Carport||Yes|
|Number of Cars||2|
|Garage Area||600 sqft|
PO Box 2007
Ridgway, CO 81432 US