Beautiful timberframe home at the base of Teton Pass. This home will be an heirloom for many generations, using little energy and requiring little maintenance.
We believe durability, energy efficiency and a healthy indoor environment are the cornerstones of green building. This home was designed and built to optimize those criteria.
- Our home will last for hundreds of years. It was engineered to withstand the high snow and seismic loads of the Tetons and it was built by craftsmen.
- Passive solar orientation and careful placement of glazing and thermal mass keep the home naturally warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Our home is built primarily with reclaimed wood... the timbers, doors, trim, cabinets, siding and decking are all high-quality, recycled lumber.
- The foam-core wall and roof panels and triple-glazed, low-E windows make a very efficient skin around our frame.
- Our primary source of heat is a 7000# wood-burning masonry heater (with a bake-oven for bread and pizzas).
- A heat-recovery ventilation system ensures good indoor air quality with minimal energy loss.
- The foundation was built with super-efficient insulated concrete forms.
- All the finishes, sealers and pigments in our home are natural oils, or non-toxic, water-based finishes.
This is a very special home for just the right buyer.
Here are some relevant statistics:
- 3,400 square feet of living space
- 1,400 SF apartment on the ground floor rents for $800/month
- attached 2 car garage with 676 SF of storage above
- 3 bedrooms (with the potential for 4)
- 3-1/2 baths
- craftsman-built timberframe cut from reclaimed timbers
- energy efficient foam core wall and roof panels (SIPS)
- double- and triple-glazed Loewen windows
- Tulikivi masonry heater and bake-oven
- radiant, hydronic heat in the basement and main floor slabs
- electric boiler and water heater
- Heat Recovery Ventilation system
- our house is plumbed to receive a ground-source geo-thermal heat pump (as soon as we can afford it!)
- septic system is designed for 4 bedrooms
- 6 person hot tub on 450 SF deck with great views of the Big Hole Mountains
Our home sits on 2.5 acres in Game Creek Canyon, 2 miles east of Victor ID, right at the foot of Teton Pass. We're not in a subdivision (no covenants or HOA dues.) Just north of our property is the Targhee National Forest and then Grand Teton National Park. Our neighbors are the moose, elk, deer, bears, mountain lions and wolves of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. Some of the best back-country skiing and biking in the country is just up the road on Teton Pass on the way to Jackson, Wyoming, 18 miles to the east. There are about a dozen other homes in Game Creek Canyon and all of the nearby lots have been developed.
Victor is a small town in Teton Valley Idaho with an agricultural history and great outdoor recreation. We are in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem at the foothills of the Tetons. There is world-class fishing, climbing, skiing, biking, golfing and hunting all around us.
Teton County, ID
|Agriculture in Area||Yes|
|Industry in Area||No|
|Air Pollution in Area||No|
|Cleaned with Green Products||Yes|
Hydronic Floor Heat (radiant)
Solar - Passive
|Whole House Filtration||
|Whole House Vacuum||No|
Wood Timber Frame
Shingles - Wood
Gypsum Board - Sheet Rock
Wood - Solid
Wood Dual Glazed
|Garage / Carport||Yes|
|Number of Cars||2|
|Garage Area||676 sqft|
10260 Moose Ln.
Victor , NA 83455
Listing ID: 18931