Belfast Ecovillage is a multi-generational community that uses consent decision making built on 42 acres of rolling fields and woodlands. Enjoy this vibrant seaside community from the comfort of a new, super-efficient home. Only 2 of 36 homes unsold.
Listing ID: 19769
|Annual Property Tax||$2,900|
|Annual Utility Cost||$900|
|Home Area||780 sq ft|
|Total Property Area||0 sq ft|
This new quadplex is in beautiful mid-coast Maine’s newest multigenerational ecovillage neighborhood. Built by the innovative GO Logic, the house is cozy and draft-free even on the coldest winter nights. It is one of the most efficient homes in Maine, because of the excellent insulation, triple-glazed windows and doors, a passive solar design, and an efficient ventilation system. Save 90% on your home heating bill, and barely use the electric back-up heat. *Note, the home currently has cement floors unlike the floors in the photo.
• Close-knit intentional community
• Access to 4,000 square foot common space allows for smaller homes
• Super-insulated house: walls = R50, roof = R80+
• South-facing for passive solar heating
• Triple glazed windows
• Durable standing seam metal roof
• House prewired for solar system (solar ready)
• Foundation insulated from the ground at R70
• Concrete slab foundation acts as heat sink for solar radiation
• Zehnder HRV (Heat Recovery & Ventilation) system maintains constant flow of fresh air with ~90% efficiency of heat recovery
• Some locally-sourced building materials
• Non-toxic or low VOC materials
• Low VOC soy-based concrete stain
• Garden plots available on the shared cohousing property
• Shared cohousing resources, such as use of the common house, tools,
snow plowing, etc.
• No pesticides or other noxious chemicals on the property
• Vibrant ecovillage community makes sharing and sustainable living easier
There are 36 households in the ecovillage nestled on 42 acres of rolling farmland and forest. The village supports it’s own 3-acre CSA farm, as well as family garden plots. Hiking, cross-county skiing and snowshoeing are literally right out the back door. When complete (currently under construction), the common house will host voluntary shared meals, as well as a guest bedroom, living room, dining room, root cellar, commercial kitchen, and children's playroom.
The ecovillage is located just 2 miles from the friendly, thriving town of Belfast and its beautiful harbor, where sailing, kayaking, and paddle-boarding abound! Belfast is an arts center, with nearly 20 art galleries, supporting a large number of local artists. Music is readily available year round. There is an amazing range of locally-owned shops, organic farms, a well-stocked public library, a YMCA, a Montessori school, and several large employers.
Belfast Regional School Unit (RSU) 20
The ecovillage is largely populated by professionals. Several medical doctors & other health care & mental health professionals live here, as well as college professors, teachers, an energy consultant, farmers, writers, and a spectrum of other occupations. The village is multigenerational, having a range of children from infants to college students, as well as some retired people. Members enjoy a wide variety of hobbies, including music, gardening, hiking, boating, bird watching, and the arts.
|Agriculture in Area||Yes|
|Industry in Area||No|
|Air Pollution in Area||No|
|Cleaned with Green Products||Yes|
Solar - Passive
|Whole House Filtration||
|Whole House Vacuum||No|
Shingles - Wood
Gypsum Board - Sheet Rock
|Garage / Carport||No|