445 feet of waterfront. Three buildings (main house, guest house,studio) impeccably constructed in an open, modern design on 12.4 wooded, secluded acres, all powered by a 2000 watt grid-connected solar electric system.
Listing ID: 18892
|Asking Price (USD)||$495,000|
|Annual Property Tax||$4,194|
|Annual Utility Cost||$0|
|Home Area||1,707 sq ft|
|Total Property Area||12.4 acres|
A waterfront, vacation home (or year around) built in 2003 on a wooded, secluded, peaceful double lot of 12.4 acres on a ciruclar private road. Four miles from the fishing village of Milbridge, Maine, and a half mile from McClelland Park, with its rugged shoreline and bold ocean view, this property has 445 feet of shoreline at the head of Pigeon Hill Bay and abuts a 1000 acre national wildlife refuge.
The property contains three buildings (main house, guest house, studio), all powered by a 2000 watt grid-connected solar electric system with battery back-up and energy buy-back agreement with the power company. The main house and guest house share a private well and septic system. To blend with the woods and granite outcroppings, we landscaped for privacy and naturalness -- gravel paths, organic raised-bed garden, and wild blueberries instead of lawn.
All three buildings were impccably constructed in an open, modern design with cathedral ceilings. The main house (s.f. 1009) features a loft, open on three sides, granite counter tops (in the kitchen, the bath, a built-in desk, and a custom built dining table), built-in benches with storage underneath, and a satellite dish for high-speed internet access and television.
The guest house (s.f. 529) is a complete house, with kitchen, bath and living. Both houses are equipped with washing machines, are heated by propane stoves, and are surrounded by 4-foot cedar decks. The studio (s.f. 169) is heated with a wood stove.
- 2000 watt grid-connected solar electric system with battery back-up and energy buy-back agreement with the power company
- On-demand (tankless) water heaters
- metal roofs (long-lasting, recyclable)
- Tight construction, double-pane wood windows
- Granite counter tops
- Energy-efficient appliances
- Low VOC paint and stain
- No formaldehyde in any of the building materials
The property is a portion of a peninsula that was divided into 20 lots (approximately 6 acres per lot). By covenant, these lots may not be subdivided or over-developed. The houses of our neighbors cannot be seen.
- 4 miles to Milbridge (Fire & Police, Medical Clinic, Pharmacy, Post Office, Groceries, Gas Stations, Banks, Hardware & Lumber, Movie Theater, and Restaurants)
- 35 miles to Ellsworth (Hospital, Shopping)
- 38 miles to Trenton (Bar Harbor Airport)
- 41 miles to Mt. Desert Island (Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park)
- 62 miles to Bangor (Airport, Hospital, Shopping)
|Agriculture in Area||No|
|Industry in Area||No|
|Air Pollution in Area||No|
|Cleaned with Green Products||Yes|
Solar - Passive
|Whole House Filtration||
|Whole House Vacuum||No|
Wood Framing: 2x4, 2x6, etc.
Shingles - Wood
Gypsum Board - Sheet Rock
Wood - Solid
Wood Dual Glazed
|Garage / Carport||No|
81 Stoehrs Way
Milbridge, NA 04658