Wonderful custom-built post & beam on 32 outstanding acres, 4500 sq. ft. passive solar, natural materials, sustainable construction, energy efficient. A MUST see!
Listing ID: 17845
|Annual Property Tax||$4,500|
|Annual Utility Cost||$1,500|
|Home Area||4,560 sq ft|
|Total Property Area||23 acres|
Custom-built post & beam on 32 outstanding acres near White Mountains. 4500+ sq. ft. open floor plan, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, stone, wood, tile flooring. Very spacious kitchen w/KitchenAid appliances, hardwood cabinets, roll out drawers, Corian counters. 3 independent heat sources + passive solar from large sun room w/hot tub. Non-toxic interior environment, delicious deep-well water. Property features original New England stone wall, wildflower meadow w/mature apple trees, 30 acres mixed woods w/walking trails, gorgeous views. A MUST SEE!
Built almost entirely from pine and hemlock timbers harvested from the property itself, with all other lumber locally sourced (< 15 miles).
- Double-wall construction means almost no heat energy lost through the walls
- Huge thermal mass of walls/floors retains/radiates heat into living space
- South-facing sun-room provides passive solar energy, so no heating is required when the sun is out
- Solarium skylights/roof aligned for maximum solar gain in winter, minimum in summer
- Low-E windows
- Energy-efficient ceiling fans
- On-demand hot water
- Energy Star washer
- Floors are untreated pine with Livos organic wood hardener/finish
- Kitchen cabinets are milk-painted
- Walls are finished with natural sealer
- No drywall
- Central vacuum
- Only 100% non-toxic household cleaners used
- Fill your heart with wonder and joy as you watch moose, deer, rabbits, groundhogs, wild turkeys, quail, grouse, chipmunks, owls, hawks, countless bird species live in their natural environment.
- Enjoy the breathtaking transition from one season to the next in one of the most beautiful areas in the country.
Road has large properties and low-density, so the area is very quiet and private. Future development will be limited. About 3 miles from town, 10 minutes from groceries, hospital and I-91. Spectacular hiking just a few minutes away.
30 minutes from several larger cities (Hanover, Littleton, Plymouth) with major shopping. Several major ski areas 45-60 minutes away.
Single Family - Two Story
|Agriculture in Area||Yes|
|Industry in Area||No|
|Air Pollution in Area||No|
|Cleaned with Green Products||Yes|
Solar - Passive
|Whole House Filtration||
|Whole House Vacuum||Yes|
Wood Timber Frame
Wood - Solid
Wood - Solid
|Garage / Carport||Yes|
|Garage Type||Carport Attached|
|Number of Cars||2|
|Garage Area||400 sqft|