Located on a quiet residential street in the historic town of Las Vegas, New Mexico. The home has many desirable aspects of an in-town, beautiful, healthy, sunlit, green home.
Listing ID: 19326
|Asking Price (USD)||$268,000|
|Annual Property Tax||$1,136|
|Annual Utility Cost||$300|
|Home Area||3,202 sq ft|
|Total Property Area||6970 sq ft|
Located on an old, quiet residential street in the historic town of Las Vegas, New Mexico. The existing home was completely remodeled and tripled in size in 2009. The home has many desirable aspects of an in-town, beautiful, healthy, sunlit, green home.
1. Powered by a 2.115kw photovoltaic solar system, the home has very low utility expenses.
2. A south-facing greenhouse brings sunlight, passive solar heat in the winter, fresh air in the summer and increased oxygen, created by the year-round greens and vegetables growing in movable beds.
3. Bamboo flooring covers most of the house.
4. A beautiful new kitchen with handcrafted maple cabinets.
5. An attached breakfast area where others can hang out as kitchen work is done.
6. A complete house carbon water-filtration system, with an additional Reverse Osmosis purification system in the kitchen.
7. A state-of-the-art solar hot water system.
8. The main entrance mudroom has a door from the covered entryway. The other mudroom door leads to a covered front porch.
9.The light filled front living room is connected to the greenhouse by French doors, and the kitchen.
10. There is a front bedroom and full bathroom off the living room.
11. The master bathroom has a Japanese style Jacuzzi tub and tiled walk-in shower.
12. At the back end of the house is a sunlit "great room", which is used by the current residents as a music performance space and family area.
13. The beautiful upstairs balcony and bedroom create a quiet, private space.
14. The connected studio apartment has its own entrance, full bathroom and kitchen area. This area, while an intragal part of the home, can be completely independent from the rest of the house.
15. The house contains many closets and storage areas.
16. An outside covered back porch can be reached by way of the great room or studio apartment.
17. The contemporary design and construction materials used on the outside of the house require no maintenance.
1. The rich soil of the front yard is landscaped with fruit trees and other perennials. There remains space for the annual planting of flowers and/or vegetables.
2. The front yard is completely enclosed by a 4-foot redwood picket fence with a gate giving access to the sidewalk and street.
3. The covered front porch is an ideal place to participate in the energy of this pleasant residential neighborhood.
4. An unobtrusive 500-gallon water storage tank collects roof water for use in watering the front yard.
5. A gated walkway along the north side of the house provides access to the backyard.
6. the centerpiece of the backyard is a beautifully constructed circulating stream that looks completely natural with river rocks and gentle waterfalls.
7. A large flagstone patio and pathways define the backyard layout.
8. A high solid redwood fence encloses the backyard.
9. A 3 foot wide contained strip of living bamboo is growing in front of the fence providing a private but natural feel.
10. Perennial plants, apple trees, herbs and flowers are planted around the yard, with space remaining for vegetable and flower gardens during the warm season.
11. For backyard watering 2 water tanks covered by a bamboo lattice hold a total of 6000 gallons of roof rainwater.
12. There is a 80 sq.ft. cottage style garden shed with a covered porch.
13. All new water, sewer and gas lines were installed at the time of construction.
Active solar electricity, solar hot water, attached greenhouse for heat and growing, beautiful outside gardens, natural clay paint on walls, bamboo floors.
1. Located on a quiet residential street, the homes are kept up and built in a variety of styles ranging from New Mexican adobe to Victorian.
2. The University golf course is within a short walking distance.
3.Public mineral hot springs are located in a beautiful natural setting by the Gallinas River around 6 miles from the house.
4. The city of Las Vegas has more historic buildings on the National Historic Register than any other town in New Mexico.
1. Within a short walk are a health food store, a large local grocery store, the seasonal farmers market, the historic Carnegie Library.
2. Within a short drive are local restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, Old Town filled with art galleries and shops, small malls and a Wal-Mart.
3. There are beautiful historic hotels and motels within a short drive. Amtrac stops at the historic Las Vegas train station.
4. Santa Fe is a 45 minute drive on I-25
5. Taos is 1-1/2 hours to the north, on a beautiful drive thru the Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
There is a public elementary school and high school within close walking distance. Las Vegas is the home of State run New Mexico Highlands University
Single Family - Two Story
|Agriculture in Area||No|
|Industry in Area||No|
|Air Pollution in Area||No|
|Cleaned with Green Products||Yes|
Solar - Active
Solar - Passive
|Whole House Filtration||
|Whole House Vacuum||No|
Solar - Photovoltaic
Rain Water Collection
Wood Framing: 2x4, 2x6, etc.
Gypsum Board - Sheet Rock
Wood - Solid
Vinyl or Vinyl Clad
Wood Dual Glazed
|Garage / Carport||No|